Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Tim Ambrose In The Spotlight

Courtesy: America East Communications





Hometown: Brentwood, NY Long island
Class: Junior
High School: Our Savior New American
Major: African Studies
Favorite Musical Group/Artist: Jay-Z






Three Things I Can’t Live Without:
1. My family, especially my mom and brother 2. God 3. Basketball


Q. Why I Chose University Albany:
A- I chose to attend UAlbany because it was a promising program, and I was really impressed with the coaching staff and the surrounding environment.


Q. Favorite class and why:
A- My favorite class so far has been Analytical Writing. This class has helped me expand my writing skills by leaps and bounds while being entertaining at the same time.


Q. One thing I have learned at UAlbany that I will carry with me for the rest of my life is:
A- The most important thing I have learned and continue to learn is how to be accountable for my-self. With every decision there is a consequence good or bad and in the end I am the one responsible for that decision, not anybody else.


Q. My Dream Job, other than the NBA/WNBA, is:
A- When I began school I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do but after recognizing how much I really do love the sport of basketball and team camaraderie I have realized that I want to pursuE a future in coaching basketball at the Division 1 level.


Q. The person, other than my parents, who has had the most influence on me is, and why:
A- Definitely my older brother, he has always and continues to push me to be the best that I can be regardless of what it is.


Q. The best thing about being an Albany Great Dane is:
A- I know that I am part of something special, and not everyone has that chance. It is a great privilege to wear the Great Dane uniform and I do my best to wear it with pride.


Q. Most memorable moment as an athlete:
A- So far it has been winning the National High School Slam Dunk Contest in North Carolina.


Q. What I did this week as a student (classes, tests, projects, study hall):
A- I really hit the books hard this week and pulled out an A on a big quiz.


Q. What I did this week as an athlete (practice, games):
A- I contributed 2 big free throws to help my teammates pull out a big win against Boston University.


Q. Based upon my experiences growing up, my advice for young kids about school and athletics is:
A- Stay on top of your school work, and work hard at whatever sport you chose to participate in and you will achieve overall satisfaction.


Q. Why I am looking forward to the America East Basketball Championship:
A- It is a chance to prove ourselves and bring another championship to UAlbany.

No comments:

Web Site Hit Counters
Precision M4300